Causes of Truck Accidents
Not only are truck accidents prevalent, but the causes of these collisions seems endless. The onus is on truck drivers to take special care when driving because these vehicles are several times larger and heavier than other motor vehicles that share the road with them. Nonetheless, there are times when an accident is caused by a truck and here are some of the common causes, but not limited to:
- Road rage
- Distracted drivers
- Driving while tired
- Improper lane changes
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Improper blind spot checks
- Failure to utilize turn signals
- Driving in unfamiliar territory
- Improper maneuvering techniques
- Inadequate driver education training
- Brake failure or improper use of brakes
- Unsecured or improperly secured cargo
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Speeding or driving too fast for road conditions
- Talking and.or texting on the telephone.
All these causes of truck accidents can be compounded by the type of cargo being hauled by these trucks. The cargo can include hazardous chemicals, bio hazardous and infectious materials, explosives, and many others. Also, the large quantity of fuel stored the truck’s gas tank is also a fire and explosion risk during a collision.
When it comes to protecting those who sustained personal injuries due to truck accidents on any road in Georgia; the Law office of Johnson & Ward are the go-to attorneys because of their experience and well honed legal skills to adequately handle truck accidents cases. Contact their Atlanta office at (404) 524-5626 for a free consultation.