Truck Driver Negligence
Any error, unitentional or intentional; on the part of a truck driver that leads to a collision is called negligence. The sad reality is that truck driver negligence is responsible for thousands of accidents every year in Georgia and throughout the United States.
While drivers of other motor vehicles might exercise negligence that results in an accident; the result of truck driver negligence is on a much greater scale due to the size, weight, and sometimes even the cargo of the truck. There are many different categories of truck driver negligence and these include but is not limited to:
- Driving while fatigued
- Ignoring road conditions
- Following too closely/tailgating
- Driving too fast for road condition
- Failing to properly check blind spots
- Utilizing illegal manouevres or turns
- Failing to secure or properly secure the cargo
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to indicate when making turns or changing lanes
- Failing to properly inspect the truck for possible hazards
- Manipulating entries in the driver log to falsify number of hours driven
Therefore, if a loved one has been killed in a truck accident or you or a loved one have been injured in one; consult with the skilled and experienced truck accident attorneys at the Law Firm of Johnson & Ward. We will provide you with the best possible legal representation to ensure that you are adequately compensated. Please call our Atlanta office at (404) 524-5626.