Types Of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents come in many different forms. However, every one of them no matter how minor the impact can cause severe personal injury to the driver and/or passenger of the vehicle that it collides with. Let us examine some of the main types of truck accidents.
- Squeeze play or swinging turn: Truck has to swing left to negotiate a right turn or vice versa.
- Side collisions, T-bone, or broadside collisions: Due to careless lane changes, blind spot issues, driver fatigue, et cetera.
- Jackknife: Loss of directional control resulting in a sideways pull on the truck which often results in a rollover.
- Overweight or overloaded: Can affect braking abilities and changes the center of gravity.
- Brake failure: Poor maintenance, improper installation, overheating, overuse, age.
- Blind spots or no zone accidents: The larger the truck, the larger the blind spot.
- Head-on collisions: Any number of factors can cause these types of collisions.
- Rollover: Taking a curve too quickly, high crosswinds et cetera.
- Rear-end collisions: Not enough stopping distance allowance.
- Under-ride accidents: Motor vehicle slides under the truck.
- Tire blowout: Causes the driver to lose control of the truck.
- Improper braking: Wrong braking technique employed.
- Falling debris: Load unsecured or not properly secured.
In the State of Georgia, some of the most trusted and experienced truck accident attorneys are represented by the Law Firm of Johnson & Ward. Give their Atlanta office a call for a free consultation at (404) 524-5626.